The Puamana Community Association (PCA) has formulated these rules “.so as to provide the enjoyment of the Common Properties by every Member in a manner consistent with the preservation of quiet enjoyment of the Lot and Living Unit by every Owner.” These words are from the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, Article IV, Section 3(f), dated May 1968.
The basic rules for any dwelling can be simply stated as common sense practice in the consideration of others in order to create a friendly, pleasant atmosphere. The PCA appeals to all owners and their guests to demonstrate reasonable tolerance because of the close proximity in which we live.
The PCA rules state the responsibilities of everyone on the premises. The rules take into consideration the desires of the owners and their guests, and are subject to revision from time-to-time by the PCA Board of Directors, the final arbiters of any disputes or misunderstandings arising from these rules. The rules apply to all owners, occupants, guests, employees and other persons using the property. Each owner is responsible to see that all occupants of his/her living unit, guests, employees and other persons using the property are made aware of these rules.
- Procedures for Problems and Complaints Except for emergencies, guests should call their rental agent (Puamanavacations.com) at 280-7860. If you have a security issue, please call your rental agent and security at 667-5383.
- Emergency Telephone Numbers In case of bodily injury, theft or fire, the emergency number 911 should be dialed and the problem stated to the emergency operator. After the 911 call, the PCA Office should be notified at 661-3423 or 667-5383.
- Registration Puamanavacation s.com guests can go directly to their unit. It will be open with the keys inside. All guests must register their vehicle at the clubhouse Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 5PM and pay a resort fee of $ 10/night to a mximum of $ 100. Following registration, occupants are considered to have established “property privileges,” rights to use the facilities such as the pools, tennis courts, and Clubhouse. All daytime visitors must be accompanied by a Puamana owner or renter occupant when using Puamana facilities and occupants are responsible for their guest’s adherence to the rules. Any person found on Puamana who is not registered guest or not accompanied by an occupant may be asked to leave the property by management or staff.
- Laundry FacilitiesWashers and dryers are located at: a) Clubhouse laundry room – between 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. b) Near Pool #3 – between 8 am. – 8 p.m. only c) Washers and dryers are for the exclusive use of Puamana residents and registered guests.
- Garbage – Trash – Litter Garbage, other than what can be put down the disposal, rubbish, and other trash should be disposed of in garbage cans in the corrals located near each unit. Garbage should be wrapped securely, preferably in plastic bags, before placing it in the garbage cans. Lids to garbage cans should be replaced. Recycling containers are located adjacent to each trash corral. Currently it is possible to separate out newspapers, aluminum, and plastic. Articles deposited for recycling should be properly bundled and free of food residue.
- Swim with Caution There are no lifeguards at any of Puamana’s three (3) pools, nor along the beach at Puamana beach. Each pool is equipped with a life ring, but caution is advised when using the deeper ends of the pools, especially for non-competent swimmers. The ocean can be hazardous; please read and adhere to all warning signs along the beach.
- Fees A schedule of all current Puamana fees (faxes, photocopy, etc.) is posted in the Clubhouse.
- Recreation Areas Puamana’s large open spaces invite varied recreational use. Any person using these areas must take into consideration the right of quiet enjoyment of any adjacent living units, and must not do anything that will create a liability for the Association. The designated sports field by the tennis court is the only authorized location to be used for organized games and team sports. For health and safety reasons, no access is permitted to the canal at anytime except for authorized maintenance personnel. No hitting golf balls in Puamana. Climbing trees is not allowed in Puamana due to safety concerns as well as the health of our trees. Throwing objects into the mango trees to knock down fruit is forbidden.
- Outdoor Cooking All outdoor cooking is restricted to covered fireproof containers. These fireproof cooking containers must be placed so that smoke, heat, flames, or location are not a fire hazard to the structure or cause for complaint from persons in other living units. Barbecuing is also permitted at the Clubhouse and in the firepit on the beach in front of the Clubhouse. (Advanced permission must be approved by the General Manager in advance of firepit use.) All fires must receive constant supervision. Operation of barbecues is not allowed on 2nd story decks or any other decks. “Cold” charcoal ash must be placed in a trash bag and properly disposed of in the trash bins. DO NOT dump hot coals on common areas or the beach.
- Camping No camping or outdoor sleeping shall be permitted anywhere outside of living units or in any building other then the living units, nor any vehicle. The State of Hawaii does not allow any camping on the beaches without a permit.
The Clubhouse is an historic Lahaina building and a priceless asset to the Puamana community. As such, it is the duty and responsibility of every Puamana owner, resident, and guest, as well as management, to treat this valuable facility in a respectful manner. The Clubhouse is available for the enjoyment of all Puamana occupants and guests.
- Loud, boisterous, destructive, or unsafe behavior will not be tolerated from anyone. The manager or his staff may request that persons acting in any way to the detriment of the facility, or the quiet enjoyment of others, or their own safety, leave the vicinity of the Clubhouse immediately. Management may, at their discretion, ban such persons from the Clubhouse for a reasonable time period.
- Clubhouse hours are as posted at the Clubhouse.
- Smoking is not allowed in any area of the Clubhouse at any time.
- Wet swimsuits are not allowed inside the Clubhouse.
Introduction: The three swimming pools at Puamana are for the exclusive use of residents and registered guests during the specific hours that the pools are open. The General Manager may, at his or her discretion, restrict the use of the pool area during specific times as may be necessary for operational purposes. There are no lifeguards at any of the pools. Persons using the pools do so entirely at their own risk. All three pools contain deep areas that could be dangerous to non-competent swimmers. Non-swimmers of all ages are warned against use of the pools unless accompanied by a competent swimmer who accepts full responsibility for their safety. Each pool is equipped with a life ring and rope. Restrooms are provided adjacent to each pool.
Pool Information/Hours/Specific Rules:
- Pool #1 – the Ocean Pool is 5 – 8 feet deep and is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. This pool is a “quiet pool” and no audio equipment of any type will be allowed unless headphones are used to avoid disturbing others. Lap swimming will be permitted from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. daily. Open swimming is permitted from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily.
- Pool #2 – the Mountain Pool is 3 – 8 feet deep and is open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Open swimming will be permitted during all hours of operation.
- Pool #3– the Dolphin Pool is 1 – 8 feet deep and is open daily 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Open swimming will be permitted during all hours of operation.
- Supervision: For safety reasons, children under 12 years of age may not use any pool unless supervised by a responsible adult over the age of 18 years.
- Attire: Using pools without proper swimming attire is prohibited. Infants and other persons who may be incontinent must wear clean waterproof diapers or other leak proof protective clothing to be allowed in the pools. Bobby pins, hairpins and other similar items must be removed before entering the pools. Sand and/or suntan oil must be removed by shower or towel before entering any of the pools.
- Prohibited Equipment: No SCUBA equipment is allowed in the pools, (except that face masks, goggles and snorkels or breathing tubes are acceptable). In addition, swim fins may be utilized during lap swimming hours. Rafts, inner tubes, and large inflatable items or other objects are not allowed in the pools. However, non-swimmers may use appropriate flotation devices as needed for safety.
- Prohibited Conduct: Running, pushing, shoving or loud noise around the pool areas is prohibited. Jumping into the pools from any part of the buildings, walls or railings surrounding the pool areas is prohibited.
- First Violation: “Aloha Warning” (Friendly) – written in security log. Second Violation: $25 Fine
- Subsequent Violations: $100 Fine and potential loss of pool privileges.
- Glass Containers: For safety purposes, no glass containers are allowed in the pool areas.
- Litter: Litter receptacles are provided and all pool users are expected to clean up after themselves.
- Personal Belongings: All personal belongings such as towels, sunglasses, books, etc. must be removed upon leaving the pool area. Neither Puamana nor its employees are responsible for the damage, loss, or theft of personal belongings left in the pool area.
- Health Precautions: General health precautions should be observed. Persons with infectious diseases shall not use the pools.
- Accidents: Any accidents must be reported to management immediately.
- Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in the pool areas
- Compliance: All P.C.A. occupants & guests shall comply with the requests of the General Manager in respect to matters of personal conduct in and about the pool areas. Anyone violating the above rules will be evicted from the pool areas and is subject to potential loss of pool privileges for a period of time. Day guests of occupants must be accompanied by the occupant inviting them to use the pools.
- Appropriate attire and tennis shoes must be worn on the court.
- Sign-up sheets for tennis court times are available at the front desk and all reservations will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign-up is limited to one hour per unit per day. During busy times of the year, drawings for court time will be held every day or every other day at 4:45 p.m. at the Clubhouse.
- Tennis courts are to be used at the player’s own risk.
- Bicycles, skates, and skateboards etc. are not allowed on court surfaces.
PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF THE RULES
- All persons who fall within the purview of P.C.A. Bylaws, (i.e., owners, tenants and guests) are obligated to observe all rules adopted from time-to-time by the Board of Directors and shall comply with all reasonable requests of the General Manager and his or her staff in the enforcement of these rules. 2.
- Persons who violate the P.C.A. Charter, CC&Rs, Bylaws or rules are subject to sanctions including, without limitation, withholding of privileges at Puamana and/or monetary fines established by the Board of Directors. The amount of the fines that can be levied is contained in the Bylaws. 3.
- Any person who has been charged with a penalty for violation of the rules, or has damaged Puamana property, plant or facility, shall pay the fine and all costs for restoration or replacement of the damaged property, plant or facility, including any legal fees that may be required to exact the penalty charges.